Remarkably effective resin trap lid connections
As one delighted Vacmobile user remarked ...
“The system of putting tubes in the resin trap works fantastic. You don’t need to drill them out and the resin falls directly into the catchpot. We should have bought this equipment one year ago!”
1. Extruded translucent vacuum tubing (usually polyethylene)
2. Machined aluminium gland nut. Approximately ¼ turn to loosen and ¼ turn to tighten. Does not need to be completely undone for tube entry or removal. Supports tube to maintain tube shape at the O-ring seal (7).
3. Viton gland body to trap lid O-ring seal
4. Machined steel gland body
5. Silicone rubber anti-spatter tube. Directs resin down into the disposable catchpot for no mess cleaning
6. Vacuum tube terminates at an external stop below resin trap lid. Note how the tube exit is completely open for unobstructed resin exit
7. Tubing gland O-ring seal. Seals on outside of tube, well above the tube exit. Provides a quick and reliable mastic-free seal.
8. Trap lid
RT19 vessels are assembled from a range of modular components and may be configured to suit specific needs.
Option examples are illustrated in the tables following.
Body side port configurations
Trap lid options
Connection gland options
When used with vacuum tubing such as extruded polyethylene, Vacmobile O-ring sealed tubing connection glands deliver high integrity vacuum seals with remarkable ease. No mastic is required and resin exiting from the tube drops directly into the catchpot without any obstruction to flow.
The connections are available to suit the following tubing OUTSIDE DIAMETERS (OD):
9.5 to 10 mm – 3/8” nominal OD
12.5 to 13 mm – 1/2” nominal OD
15.5 to 16 mm – 5/8” nominal OD
18.6 to 19.1 mm – 3/4” nominal OD
Adaptors are available to suit 1/2” and 3/4” inside diameter tube.
Base and castor options
Internal catchpot/degas bucket options
Optional silicone rubber hose kit
The standard connection hose kit is a 1.2 metre (47”) length of wire reinforced tubing with male terminations to suit 19 mm (3/4”) Vacmobile tubing glands.
Unusually for a vacuum hose of this diameter, the wire reinforced silicone rubber vacuum hose is extremely flexible, which simplifies hose fitting and trap positioning. The hose may be used at temperatures up to 200°C (400°F).
The standard hose kit may be extended in multiples of 1.2 metres (47”) via standard joiners for 19 mm (3/4”) ID tube. Under vacuum, the tube will seal tightly to fittings and hose clips are not required.